Wednesday, January 5, 2022

It's Been Too Long

 I can't believe that it has been three years since I last wrote anything on this blog. Talk about procrastination! So much life has happened since 2019, I don't even know where to start. Since then, two grandchildren (The Boon and The Boggle) have made an appearance; we gained a new Cat (That Stupid Cat Thing went to meet her Maker); I retired after 30 years in K-12 education, got bored, and got a job in higher education; The Hubby changed companies (still in the same position, somewhat); and The Cinderella semi-moved back home. The Free Spirit still lives on the other side of the country, and The Eldest and her husband bought their first house (It is really nice and just perfect for their little family). Covid has hit our family twice (The Hubby and The Cinderella) but both cases were quite mild, so we've been very lucky on that front. The Parental Units on both sides have all managed to avoid it, and that is another blessing.

So, what about 2022? I still don't make resolutions, still think they are self-defeating promises that will inevitably end up broken, causing us to feel even more guilt than when we made them in the first place. I still try to make goals. For this year, I hope to:

  1. Continue to work on the bucket list even if The Hubby thinks it's morbid. I've actually managed to check off a few things in the past couple of years. See the page titled "Random Plans" for more information.
  2. Copy a verse (or three) of scripture every day. I've actually been doing this for a while now and have found it to be quite calming to my soul. From here on out, I'm just going to be more intentional about it.
  3. I am NOT going to let other people control my behavior. How I choose to act or react is up to me. No matter how aggravating or out of line people can get, I can still choose to be calm and kind.
I still suffer from depression and anxiety and have to battle these demons on a daily basis. Still making my lists, and setting goals like these actually helps me a lot. If I stay busy, I tend to win the fight most days. It's when I am bored with nothing to do that I find myself in the dark, losing the battle with my mind. Hopefully these goals will keep me focused and grounded enough that I don't give in to the demons too often. Plus, I've taken up new hobbies and I have many UFOs (unfinished objects) to complete. And I have grandchildren. I should never be bored again.

So here's to 2022. May it be filled with peace, happiness, and love. And a distinct lack of Covid for you and yours.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment